Thursday, June 19, 2008

Henson's Hell Wins An Award!

Henson’s Hell has won an award. And I didn’t even know such things were possible. But Jon from The Ups, Downs and Sometimes Insane World of Freelance Writing has given me the esteemed “Arte y Pico Award.” It is part of a tag initiative from the “Arte y Pico Blog,” where you pass along the compliment to other bloggers.

I am truly honored by this award, and have so many little people to thank for helping me achieve such recognition. Yes, it has been a long struggle to win this achievement, and yes, I had to compromise every moral and value I held sacred just to scratch and claw my way to the winner's circle. But now I am here, and I have no one to thank but myself. And all the millions of pixels that help form my blog every day. (Forgive me for this little sarcastic interlude, but I just couldn't help myself.)

Now on to the important stuff. To follow are the rules and then my own personal selection of five deserving winners:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/.

And though I wish I could tag everyone with this special honor, I can only choose five. And here they are:

Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta.

Roxiticus Desperate Housewives

Magic and Moments at Dragonfly Cottage

Daisy the Curly Cat

The Roller Blog

Please visit all the great blogs above, and see why they are at the top of their game.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

Congratulations on your award! And thank you ever so much for thinking of me, too!

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Wow! You like me. You really like me.

What Daisy Said.

Thank you very much. This is the first award I have ever received in the blogosphere and I stand before you today as one very proud recipient.

I'd like to thank the Academy, Al Gore for inventing the internet, the Photoshop Development Group, WC3, ABBA, James Horner, James Cameron, Kate Winslet and Meryl Streep, Christian Bale and Ewan McGregor, Nicole Kidman and Sandra Bullock, Erin Brokovich, Annie Lennox, J. R. R. Tolkien, Anne McCaffrey, Stephen R. Donaldson, Joyce Carol Oates and E.B. White, Peter Jackson and Harry Potter, my fellow honorees, and finally, my mother and father. Mom and Dad, without you, I wouldn't be here.

God bless you everyone!

RoxiticusDH said...

Henson,

It is beautiful, thank you, thank you...I have already posted my acceptance speech.

Roxy

Buck said...

Congrats...you deserve it. With all the long hours you put in and the quality that you put out. Your the best.

RollerKaty said...

Thanks!!